Sunday, December 21, 2008

Damn the Holiday Season but Just for one reason!

In the last 4 years I have developed an interesting relationship to any holiday that involves lots and lots of food. I have come to realize that food is often one of the centerpieces to celebrating holidays. And more often than not the food is not exactly diabetic friendly! The other problem is that the food is so good and extremely tempting! A month ago when Brandon and I went to my parent's house for Thanksgiving there were the traditional Voorhees things to eat. It was delicious, but didn't tide over too well with my BS. I have decided that when it comes to home cooked meals (especially my Mom's or Dad's or Grandma's) I have absolutely NO self-control. I completely give in to my Sugar/carboholic side. What is a gal with the betes to do? I haven't found the gumption to overrule my inner sugar demons and control myself. I am really good most of the time!

No comments: