Tuesday, November 11, 2008

At Times, It Really Is an Uphill Battle

The last two weeks have been extremely difficult when it comes to being a diabetic. I just can't regain the fantastic control over my blood sugar that I had a month ago. I am counting my carbs, dosing the insulin the way I know to, but my blood sugar is all over the place. It is so frustrating! I am still working out and making good use of my glucometer. I don't know what to do! There are times where I just want to give up. But I can't stand the energy-lacking, grumpy, sleepless state I enter in to when my BS is high. That is no way to live!

I will keep trying. That is all I can do. I don't know if it is related to the fact that my hormones have been doing some crazy things to my body, or if it's because my Dr. put me on birth control and my body is not really liking that. Maybe it's all of the above. Grrr!

No comments: