Friday, September 26, 2008

"Drunk" Driving

I worked all day today in a small town in northerh Utah. With a 45 minute commute to get there this morning, I woke up a little too late to make myself a decent lunch. When lunchtime came around for me today, I walked out to my car thinking about the limited lunch options in such a small town. The strangest thing was that I didn't really start feeling that anything wrong until I was about 50 yards from my car. I didn't think much of it until I got into my car, because I was headed to lunch anyway. I got into my car and started driving in to town from where I was working, and very quickly felt dizzy and felt my car start to swerve a little in the road. I was only going about 40 mph, but I slowed down to about 25 mph only to have to force myself to concentrate until I got into a parking lot. The feeling of my BS going down that fast was quite unsettling! I had to gather what was left of my wits about me before I could even walk in to buy my lunch! I honestly felt drunk while driving today! It was kinda scary! I am just grateful that it happened while I was on a desolate country road instead of on the busy interstate. I would have been in a heap of trouble. The funny thing is is that if one of the small town cops had pulled me over for suspicion of drunk driving, I wouldn't have even had a valid excuse of inebriation to admit to!

No comments: